E.R.R

E.R.R

Monday, November 24, 2014

Christ Embassy Pastors Beat Member To Coma, Church Faces N1bn Lawsuit [PHOTOS]



There is an ongoing ‘war’ between U-cheena, Producer of Destiny Child Gospel Talent Hunt and Chris Oyakhilome’s led Christ Embassy Church as the former is pressing charges against some Pastors as well as staff and security of the Church for assaulting her and one of her staff, Mr Daniel.
She had also briefed her team of lawyers who are currently preparing to sue the Ministry in an epoch making case in the history of Christianity in Nigeria, thus demanding a whooping sum of N1bn compensation from Christ Embassy for assault, battery and breach of contract.
Recall that the church has been triggering social media attacks following the recent marital clash between the founder, Chris Oyakhilome and his wife, Anita, which led to the ministry pulling off anything connected with Pastor Anita on both the Ministry’s website and that of Pastor Chris due to some marital differences.
It was gathered that problem ensued after U-cheena rented out her LED screens to the church for the ongoing IPPC program in Lagos.
Findings revealed that U-cheena’sCompany “Eventz.comLimited” rented out its LED screens at a 90 percent discount to the church for a barter arrangement and the Church to bare logistics cost.
Little did U-cheena know that her magnanimity to forego millions of naira in return for the Love World Studio which ordinary cost’s N1,000,000 will turn into a thing of reproach, embarrassment and agonizing pain for her.
In a clear case of paying good back with evil, U-cheenagot more than she bargained for as she was beaten blue back by some top pastors of Christ Embassy Church ordained by Chris Oyakhilome during a squabble that ensued for daring to ask for her full payment before leaving Christ Embassy with her equipment.
Speaking to journalists on Saturday afternoon at the Alausa Police Station, a visibly battered U-Cheena said she was still in shock that people who claimed to be men of God could be so heartless by assaulting a married woman.
Explaining how it all started, U-cheena said, “We gave out LED screen to the church for IPPC programme at a 90 percent discount. However, just two days into the programme, I received a call from one of my staff Daniel, who informed me that one of my LED screens got blown from a power surge.
“When I heard it, I took the next available flight from Abuja to Lagos on Thursday 20th November 2014 to arrange another screen to ensure that we kept to our side of the bargain. Little did I know that my generosity would turn out to be my biggest undoing.”
According to her, “Upon arranging for another LED screen for the Church, I informed those in charge that I must get a full payment of the agreed sum for logistics before I can power the screen on for the programme. They appealed to me to power it as payment will not be a problem.
“When their insistence that I power the screen did not yield any results, they called the Zonal Pastor of my Church, Christ Embassy Abuja, Pastor Chidi to prevail on me to go ahead and power the screen. They went to the extent of involving my Mum, Pastor Duchess, who is also a Pastor with the Church to prevail on me.
“At this point, I conceded and powered the screen on and was there to ensure that everything went well until after the programme which ended at about 5pm.
“I was in shock when Pastor Dave approached me and my staff and said ‘we are only going to pay you for one day only. Go and tear down your screen immediately and give me your invoice.’ I said to him ‘but that is not fair.’
“He got enraged at this point, ordered me out of the Church premises and walked towards his office. I told him I was not leaving until I got my full payment and followed him towards his office as well. He banged the door of his office right behind me. When I attempted to open the door to enter his office, one of the Pastors who was listening to our conversation, Pastor Ayo, pushed me from the door and I fell thunderously to the ground.
image image image image image image
“My staff, Daniel confronted the Pastor and asked him why he should push me that way requesting to know if he wanted to kill me. At this point, Pastor Dave ordered his colleague, Pastor Ayo and the security men to throw us out of the Church premises.
“The Pastor pounced on Daniel, aided by some other pastors and members of the Church who came out in droves to beat him up. I received my pound of beating when I attempted to rescue Daniel, whom six ordained pastors of Christ Embassy,Church staff and security held down and threatened to murder. At this point, two security men were in possession of firearms while one of the pastors continually poured a white substance suspected to be a tranquilizer on his face to subdue him. This they did with all enthusiasm and recklessness.”
Speaking further, the battered woman averred that, while screaming for help in the middle of an estimated 20-man mob squad of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s church, a female member was also beating her repeatedly.
“My production manager, Ms Ayo and an Abuja Church member, Sister Nonye, who recognised me, helped to rescue me from the Christ Embassy monster squad. In an attempt to record the incident, one of them grabbed my phone and smashed it to the ground beyond repair.
“I headed for the Alausa Police station where I made a formal complaint”, said U-cheena amid sobs and tears.
At the Alausa Police Station, she was subsequently given a letter to go to the hospital where she was treated.
U-cheena added that the CSO to Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, Deacon Ik came with Pastor Dave to give his statement along with Pastor Ayo, who assaulted her and her staff.
They were eventually detained alongside some of the pastors involved in the head-shaking assault.
U-cheena, who until the unfortunate incident was a full time member of Christ Embassy vowed to press charges until she got justice as well as pursue the civil aspect of the matter before a Court of competent jurisdiction.
Already, she said she had briefed her lawyers to commence the process of instituting legal action against Christ Embassy and Pastor Dave.
Speaking to our reporter on phone, Counsel to U-cheena, described the actions of the Church as an act of barbarism, cowardice, inhumane and dehumanization of his client.
He noted that U-cheena is a devoted Christian, a married woman and the MD of Eventz.com Limited.
He said he was shocked when he received a call from his client saying she was physically assaulted by Christ Embassy Pastors.
He added that already the Commissioner of Police of Lagos State had been informed and that a thorough investigation was currently ongoing to bring the perpetrators to justice.
He adding that his chambers was already preparing to file a civil suit against the Church for assault and battery and breach of Contract.
“We have taken the right step. The church is being sued for N1bn damages,” the counsel said.
Efforts to obtain comment from the church could not yield any result as their phones could not be reached as at the time of this report.

No comments: