E.R.R

E.R.R

Monday, April 16, 2012

RAISED FROM THE DEAD" Muamba Discharged From London Chest Hospital


Muamba Discharged From London Chest Hospital

Leadership Editors's picture
 
Muamba 2














Bolton midfielder Fabrice Muamba has been discharged from London Chest Hospital and is now recuperating in the North West.
 
Muamba has been receiving treatment since suffering a cardiac arrest during his side's FA Cup quarter-final clash with Tottenham on March 17.
 
The 24-year-old's heart had stopped beating for 78 minutes before being resuscitated but appears to now be on the road to recovery.
 
A spokesman for Barts Health NHS Trust told Bolton's official website: "Barts Health can confirm that Fabrice Muamba has now been discharged following several weeks of treatment.
"Now I am out of hospital, I am looking forward to continuing my recovery and spending precious time with my family"
 
"All our staff wish him the very best in his ongoing recovery."
Last week Muamba was fitted with an Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator(ICD), a device which releases an electrical charge if it detects heart malfunction such as the one he suffered against Spurs last month.
 
The Congo-born midfielder said: "I am naturally very pleased to be discharged from hospital and would like to take this opportunity to pay tribute to every single member of staff at The London Chest Hospital who have played a part in my care.
 
"Their dedication, professionalism and expertise is simply amazing and I will forever be in their debt. I also wish to say thank you to all the many well-wishers who have sent thousands of messages of support.
 
"Now I am out of hospital, I am looking forward to continuing my recovery and spending precious time with my family."
 
Bolton manager Owen Coyle has enthused that "everyone in the club is delighted" by the news that Muamba has been discharged, and added his thanks to the hospital staff.
 
"We would also like to add our thanks to the staff at The London Chest Hospital for their care and treatment of Fabrice, which has been outstanding," added the Scot.
 
"It is important that Fabrice and his family are now given time and space to be together, and we would ask the media to continue to respect their privacy.

No comments: