E.R.R

E.R.R

Monday, June 25, 2012

Balotelli Barber Ready To Celebrate Jamaica 50


Balotelli Barber Ready To Celebrate Jamaica 50

THE BARBER of controversial Manchester City and Italy footballer, Mario Balotelli, is to stage one of Manchester’s biggest celebrations for Jamaica’s 50th year of independence on August 4 at the Millennium Power House in Moss Side.
Portland-born Richard McKenzie, 38, is the man behind the occasion in association with Richie’s Promotions. Live music artists on the day will include Jamaican dancehall artist Baby Cham, Bugle and Christopher Martin. Local acts will also be performing on the date to join in the celebrations.
McKenzie, married for seven years and father of three, has resided in the UK since 2000 and opened his barber shop, Richie’s Barbers, in Moss Side in 2002. Almost a decade later he has turned his business into one of the best and well known barbers in Manchester.
Well known to the rich and famous, McKenzie cuts hair for many celebrities including American songwriter, Trey Songz and many famous footballers including Manchester United’s Rio Ferdinand, Dwight Yorke and City’s Balotelli.
From humble beginnings McKenzie used to work as a local taxi driver and waiter in Jamaica. He told The Voice: “I never planned on getting into barbering, but I always knew I was going to make a success out of myself. So when I came to the UK I had to grab the opportunity to set up a business for myself and my family.” His wife Nickki also runs a nail salon named Nikki Nails in Moss Side.
Mckenzie started Richie’s Promotions in 2003, hosting some of Jamaica’s biggest acts including Movado, Buju Banton, Beenie Man, Stone Love, Bass Odyssey, Tony Matterhorn plus many more. McKenzie is passionate about Jamaica and plans to celebrate Jamaica’s 50th year of independence by hosting this big event Manchester has seen for the commemoration.
He added: “I love Jamaica and Jamaican people. I also love Manchester too, so to put on this event for Jamaica 50 is something I can be proud of

No comments: