E.R.R

E.R.R

Thursday, July 12, 2012

HELP IS NEEDED: With N600,000 Baby Testimony will be whole again




Testimony…going through excruciating pains

With N600,000 Baby Testimony will be whole again

on JULY 12, 2012 · in HEALTHMETRO
6:10 pm
0   
In the views of Frederick Buechner, a renowned educator, “The life I touch for good or ill will touch another life and that in turn another, until who knows where the trembling stops or in what far place my touch will be felt.”
This aptly captures the cry of Baby Testimony Atoe who urgently requires that touch of you and I. Testimony, an eight-month-old child is in dire needs of the good will of every Nigerian and any citizen of the world in other to be whole again.  He was born with an abnormal manhood and needs urgent surgery to save his life again.
According to his mother, Mrs. Charity Atoe, life has never been the same again for her and the family since the birth of the child last year.

With tears running down her chics she said to this reporter; “This baby’s situation has taken away happiness from my family; my husband has left me because he said he does not have money for the surgery and I have two other daughters at home to cater for. I had never thought I would be in this kind of position in life but I want my baby to live, he needs help.”
Testimony’s mother was seen begging for alms in front of GbagadaGeneral Hospital Lagos State while approaching one Mrs. Blessing Uzoatu, an executive member of the Ikeja Pear Lion’s Club for help.
As you read this article, if nothing urgent is done, Testimony who was born on the 10th of October, 2011 may not be able to celebrate his first birthday. Her mother who gave birth to him explained that the only problem she had with the birth was that the baby came out with his buttocks instead of the head.

“I gave birth to Testimony in a hospital called Blessed Hospital along Third (Third East Circular) Road in Benin, Edo State. When I gave birth to him, I was told I gave birth to a male child. He came out with his buttocks and not the head and as a result of that, I was very weak and tired and could not see the baby that day.
The next day when I was to be discharged, my husband was told to go and bring any member of his family. When he demanded to know what the problem was, he was told that the baby did not have any manhood and would be operated in the hospital emergency surgery room. The surgery was done when the baby was four days old and we were later discharged after been there for three weeks,” she said.
Some few days to Christmas, Baby Testimony developed a relapse as the organ sprout out again.
“It was two weeks to Christmas, his organ shot out again and I became worried and took him back to the hospital. The doctors there referred us to University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH) and there we were told that the surgery would cost N600, 000.
I don’t have the money and have been running round for help. My husband who moulds blocks for a living has ran away as he said he did not have such money. I have been running around for help,” Charity pleaded.
Note: If you are touched by this child’s condition, please call the mother on 080-9595-7822. Blessing Uzoatu who is assisting them can also be reached on 080-3333-7342.

No comments: