E.R.R

E.R.R

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Mbaise woman gets an Overdose of blessing 2 and now 3

Mbaise woman gets an Overdose of blessing 2 and now 3


 •She already had two sets of twins; now she has given birth to triplets





It was definitely an overdose of God’s blessings. Or how do you explain a situation where a woman with two sets of twins and another child would still give birth to a set of triplets? Few months ago, it was all pain and agony for Mrs. Onyinyechi Anyanwu at the women ward of the Mbaise General Hospital, Imo State. She spent three days in the hospital’s labour room before giving birth to a set of triplets in very dicey circumstances. She described her experience as “coming back from the dead.” The Anyanwus hail from Umuhu, Okwuato, Imo State.

Trouble started for Mrs. Anyanwu long before her due date when she was wrongly informed by sonographers at the ultrasound scan centre that she would be expecting a set of twins. Naturally, the young woman got herself prepared for twins. And it nearly led to her death. Her words: “I am really grateful to God that I eventually came out of the labour room successfully. I regard what happened as a miracle because I spent three days in the labour room and came out with a set of triplets. All my troubles started when I went for ultrasound scan and was informed that I was carrying twins while actually I had three babies inside me. The truth was that the girl covered one of the boys and this made it a bit difficult for the scan to read accurately the actual number of babies in the womb.

“My case was a special one because it attracted the attention of all hospital officials and even visitors. It was so because it was my third day at the General Hospital and everybody was curious to know what had become of me. On the third night, the labour pain became too severe and that was when I was delivered of the first boy. It was a temporary relief. I was all hopes that I would soon be free, but it was not to be. By now, the situation had overwhelmed the nurses and it was about 1.30 am and they had to call the doctor. You will not believe it: that doctor never came until 1.30 pm, about 12 hours later. “When he arrived, the doctor directed that I should be attended to with oxygen because I had lost considerable energy. It was at this point that one of the nurses pressed my tummy and the effect pushed out one of the girls. 

Everything came to a dramatic end when I wanted to relax but the nurses instructed that I should remain calm and it turned out that it was at this time that the third child got delivered. In everything, I give thanks to God for his mercies.” Onyinyechi’s husband, Alexander Anyanwu noted that his wife had been giving birth to twins since 16 years ago when she started putting to bed. “My wife is not a new comer when it comes to giving birth. About 16 years ago during her first pregnancy, she delivered a set of twins, Chidera and Chinonso. In her third pregnancy, she was also delivered of another set of twins, a boy and a girl but the former died afterwards. It was only the second pregnancy that brought forth a baby girl. Of course, the triplets are products of the fourth pregnancy and they are two boys and a girl. Incidentally, the two boys came out first,” Anyanwu explained.

The couple said both of them had many twins in their respective homes. “There are about three of my relatives that have twins while my sister in-law had equally given birth to twins,” Anyanwu revealed. On the day of their baptism, the triplets were baptised by twin reverend fathers, Peter and Paul, at Ekwulobia, Anambra State. Three priests also officiated at their dedication held at St. Gregory Catholic Church, Umuhu Okwuato, Aboh Mbaise, Imo State.

No comments: