E.R.R

E.R.R

Monday, December 8, 2014

Victor Umeh Wins No Contest APGA nomination, promises to win for APGA




Chief Victor Umeh, chairman of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) has said that he would do the party proud at the February 2015 senatorial elections following his nomination a candidate.
Umeh said this on Sunday after he was unanimous endorsed by the Anambra Central senatorial district of the party on Sunday.
The party chairman who was the sole aspirant for the nomination contest in the zone under APGA polled a total of 475 votes out of possible 477, while the two votes were invalidated.
He expressed delight for the enormous support given him by the party members and promised to give them effective representation if he eventually wins the election.
Umeh who was flanked by Dr Nkem Okeke, deputy governor of Anambra observed that APGA was the only party in the state which conducted its primaries in the open, adding that he would embark on intensive and extensive mobilisation.
“I feel happy that I was able to subject myself to all the processes of nomination as provided by the party through screening to the final voting, in spite of the fact I am the sole aspirant, all the delegates came out from all the wards to vote for me, they did not take it for granted.
“Even the deputy governed voted as a statutory delegate, the party is one, I assure you that the way the vote was counted here, will be the way it will be counted in February next year.
“I want to assure the members and delegates of my zone that they will not regret for nominating me, I am going to fly the flag of our party high in the forth coming senatorial election with every sense of commitment and dedication, victory is our target and I will move around the state to mobilise our people for the final victory,” he said.
In his remarks, Okeke reiterated that APGA had internal democracy and was ready to uphold the tenets of democracy and good government.
“You have seen it, there is internal democracy in APGA, and all political processes were duly followed because we have a performing governor and wonderful chairman,” he said (NAN)

No comments: