E.R.R

E.R.R

Friday, June 5, 2015

Tochukwu Nzom nabbed by the NDLEA with 225 grammes of cocaine In Anus

'The drug was packed in a bag for me and they promised to pay me $2,500. I am so sad, disappointed and ashamed of myself,” Ilemena said.'.........Tochukwu Nzom 

Nigerians are still taking the risk of trafficking drugs abroad as one Tochukwu Nzom was nabbed on June 4, Thursday by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) with 225 grammes of cocaine allegedly inserted in his anus.
The 46-year-old man was apprehended at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport (MMIA) in Ikeja, Lagos as he was about to board an Air France flight to Paris, France, The Nation reports.
Tochukwu Nzom was nabbed by the NDLEA with 225 grammes of cocaine
Upon screening, he tested positive for narcotics.
Confessing to his crime, he said he volunteered to smuggle drugs to make more money after he heard his friends talking about drugs.
He said: “They agreed to pay me $1,500 because it was only three wraps weighing 225 grammes. I am from a poor home.”
Two others, Henry Idehen and Peter Ilemena were also nabbed with cocaine while returning from Brazil on an Emirates flight.

According to the Hamza Umar, the NDLEA airport commander, Idehen ingested 56 wraps weighing 915 grammes; Ilemena concealed 1.225 kilogrammes of cocaine.
“I am from Enugu State. I am married to a Brazilian woman and we have a child. I work as a salesboy in a supermarket. I overheard some of my friends discussing about drugs and I indicated interest. That was how it started. The drug was packed in a bag for me and they promised to pay me $2,500. I am so sad, disappointed and ashamed of myself,” Ilemena said.Ahmadu Giade, the chairman/chief executive of the drug agency, expressed worry of the incident saying, “It is worrisome for the suspects to voluntarily smuggle drugs. This shows that they are morally bankrupt. The agency will not relent in the fight against drug trafficking.”
Knowing the risks involved in drug trafficking, Nigerians have continued to engage this act. Recently the NDLEA arrested two housewives with 2.635kg of cocaine at the MMIA in Lagos. The cocaine, which was meant to be exported to China, was inserted in the women’s vaginas, while some were packed in their underwear and others ingested.

No comments: