E.R.R

E.R.R

Sunday, July 19, 2015

President Muhammadu Buhari, son Yusuf, 33 Delegates Arrive Washington, DC


President Muhammadu Buhari and his son Yusuf are in Washington, DC.  They arrived today with an entourage of most northerners, which has become the pivotal point that Nigerians have witnessed since Buhari was sworn in as President of Nigeria.  He is traveling with 32 other people.  He is being accorded a great honor by President Obama as he is being quartered at Blair House.
But the question that is flying around in the Nigerian community in the U.S. is who has gotten an invitation from Nigeria’s Ambassador Adefuye in Washington, DC.  Some people have called me to announce the invitation they have received from Ambassador Adefuye., some in New York, Los Angeles and Chicago.  I wasn’t expecting any anyway.  Apart from criticizing him when he went public with complaints about U.S. denying weapons to Nigeria to fight Boko Haram, which I had said should be handled diplomatically, of course most people know that I supported Goodluck Jonathan in the last election.  I am one of those who is totally comfortable in being in the responsible opposition – saying many times that I want Buhari to succeed as President for the next four years because his success will help every Nigerian.
You cannot reap where you didn’t sow.  That is why I am annoyed at my Igbo brethren back home about whether Buhari appoints any Igbo to his inner circle.  We voted for Jonathan ho ha, and we are proud of our vote.  We must accept the consequences of our vote.  No condition is permanent.  It is Buhari’s turn to pack his government with northerners, to me that is acceptable.  It makes no difference really.
I am the Publisher/Editor-in-Chief of the largest African newspaper in America, with a radio program as well.  If they are afraid of the question I would ask, I say well Buhari’s first action was to bar the correspondent for AIT TV Channel before it was reversed by his party.  He has this vendetta coursing through his blood.  Look at what he did to the former SSS Director Sambo Dasuki.
So, let me say to my friends who have called me about being invited to meet with President Buhari during his interactive meeting with Nigerians in the Diaspora on Tuesday, July 20, please make sure you enjoy yourselves.
 

No comments: