Friday, September 18, 2015

My Wife Was Not Molested – SUN Deputy Managing Director Steve Nwosu

The Deputy Managing Director of The SUN Newspaper, Mr. Steve Nwosu, says concerned Nigerians sent about 400 prayer text messages to his phone to assure him that his abducted wife, Toyin, would return safely. 
Nwosu, spoke on Thursday after Toyin regained her freedom and returned to their Ago Palace, Okota residence. He added that the mother of four was neither molested nor tortured by her abductors.
However, the family and the police in Lagos refused to disclose how much was paid of the N100m ransom to secure Toyin’s release. 

Toyin, who declined to narrate her experience in the kidnappers’ den, said she was grateful to God, the police, her husband’s employer, and others who prayed for her release. However, Nwosu said his wife was still weak from her ordeal and could not narrate her experience yet.
The Sun DMD, who advised the abductors of his wife to change from their ways, said he got over 400 prayer text messages from Nigerians. He said, 
“If you are used to having a wife, and you cannot do anything without your wife, you will realise what not having her for almost three days means. We thank all those who contributed to getting her freed. 
“During this period, there were prayer warriors, readers, and friends from across who showed care. I have almost 400 prayer text messages on my phone. They came from family, friends and other people you do not even expect. 
The Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni, who said he was with the family at dawn when Toyin was picked up, said the command would deploy all resources to track the kidnap gang. He said, 
“The release was carried out at about 2.20am on Thursday, and Mrs. Nwosu has been reunited with her family. I personally witnessed the release of the woman. I was with Mr. Nwosu, and other family members to receive her. 
Mrs.Toyin Nwosu, the wife of the Deputy Managing Director of the Sun Publishing Limited, Mr. Steve Nwosu  has been released by her abductors.Mrs Nwosu was released in the early hours of today by the kidnappers who had taken her away since Monday morning .Daily Sun learnt that the kidnappers had dropped her off near Zenith Bank by Festac bridge and sped off with their boat.

“We want to assure the public that the command will deploy all necessary investigative tools to track those who were involved in the crime, including their sponsors. Concerning the ransom, the most important thing is that the woman was reunited with her family.”
“My wife was not molested. She was even given a mosquito net to sleep in. I pray that the abductors will have a change of heart. Kidnapping is not the way to make money for a living.” 

No comments: