E.R.R

E.R.R

Monday, February 15, 2016

Maj. General Letam Wiwa Of DMI Not Arrested Says E.F.C.C

Army begins 20-year strategic development plan

Nigerian  EFCC has denied media reports claiming they had arrested former director of the Directorate of Mili­tary Intelligence (DMI) and brother to late Ken Saro Wiwa, Major General Letam Wiwa.

In an interview with Premium Times, EFCC spokesperson, Wilson Uwujaren, said the former DMI' is name was not on the list of those detained over the $2.1 billion arms deal. “I can’t find any such detainee in our records. I can’t find anything on him.”he said


When contacted, Wiwa who is currently the deputy commandant at the Armed Forces Resettlement Centre, Oshodi, said he was in his office and has neither been invited nor arrested
"I just woke up this morning, and people started calling me that they saw reports of my arrest in the papers. I was really surprised. And that must be a magic arrest. I am now sitting in my office in Oshodi, Lagos. The papers were just too audacious. They didn’t even ask the army whether any such arrest happened. There was not even an invitation, let alone an arrest,” he said

No comments: