E.R.R

E.R.R

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Tompolo Exposes EFCC Lawyer And APC Stalwart Ex-Gov Sylva As Frauds

Chief Government Ekpemupolo, has explained why he has not appeared in court
on the alleged N34 billion fraud, for which an order of arrest was issued on him.
Ekpemupolo, in an open letter to President Muhammadu Buhari, said he has nothing to do with the matter in court. He blamed his refusal to appear in court on the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), its lawyer Festus Keyamo and some ex-Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) members, like ex-Bayelsa State Governor Timipre Sylva, who defected to the All Progressives Congress (APC).
“The truth of the matter is that I do not know anything about the N34 billion Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) is talking about. First, it was N13 billion issue, now it is N34 billion. I am not a signatory to any of the companies mentioned in the said N34 billion case, so I do not know where this one is coming from. I know that God in His infinite mercy will see me through in this critical moment,” said the ex-militant.
Below are four accusations made by Tompolo in his letter:
He advised Pres. Buhari to wary of some of his party men, especially those who defected from the PDP to the APC. According to Tompolo, some members of the APC are using the case for personal vendetta against him. He mentioned in particular the APC leader in Bayelsa,former Gov. Timipre Sylva.Tompolo alleged that his accusers are trying to pin the renewed violence in the Niger Delta on him. “I wish to inform you that it has come to my knowledge that the leader of your party and governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Bayelsa and a few young men from Warri South West council of Delta State, who joined the party from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) after the 2015 presidential election, are bent on linking me to the renewed vandalism of oil facilities in the Niger Delta, whereas they are the ones carrying out the act to smear my name.”
The ex-militant leader said that those against him are doing things in ”connivance with the EFCC lawyer”, Festus Keyamo, who is also a member of the APC. Tompolo alleged that Keyamo has always had it in for him ever since ”I refused to buy a property from him.” Keyamo, according to the ex-militant, approached him some years ago to ”come to Abuja and Lagos to buy some choice property worth billions of naira from him. I told him that I do not have such money to buy property. Since then he has been looking for any opportunity to drag me into matters I do not know anything about. And this is one of the reasons why I have not appeared in the court because he is not qualified to prosecute me.
Leader of the defunct Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND),

No comments: