E.R.R

E.R.R

Thursday, March 31, 2016

EDO STATE COMMISSIONER ACCUSED BY WOMAN OF "ABORTING" HER PREGNANCY
























A woman in Benin City, Edo State, Mrs Ohosa Ejimai, has alleged that she lost a 7-week pregnancy, after she was attacked and molested at her shop by a team led by the Edo State Commissioner for Transport, Mr Isimeme Oregbe.She said apart from the loss of her pregnancy and bodily harm caused her, the goods in her shops were also carted away by the commissioner’s team, thus, her resolve to sue the commissioner and the Edo State government the sum of N100 million for assault.Mrs Ejimai spoke in Benin when she was presented to journalists by the Publicity Secretary of the Edo State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Mr Chris Nehikhare, at the state secretariat of the party.The woman said she was in her shop located at 14, Mission Road, Benin City, at about 5:00p.m. on February 2, 2016, when some people led by the Commissioner, Mr Oregbe stormed her shop and started packing the goods therein, adding that in her attempt to prevent the commissioner and his team from removing her goods, she was slapped and hit. “They tried to push me into a vehicle, hit my head and fired shots into the air. People rushed me that day. I was taken to the Benin Central Hospital and reported to the Oba Market Police Station.“The third day, I started bleeding. So I went to the hospital. At the hospital, doctor confirmed that I had lost my 7-week-old pregnancy.“When they called me to come and pick my goods, I only saw about five per cent of the goods taken from my shop. They told me to take whatever was available as they don’t usually release seized goods.”Speaking on the plight of the woman, Mr Nehikhare said members of the PDP could not fold their arms and watch Governor Oshiomhole and his agents unleash terror on the people of the state.When contacted, the Commissioner for Transport, Mr Osimeme Oregbe, said Mrs Ejimai’s goods were seized because she displayed her goods on walkway, adding that the woman attacked members of the task force on street trading that were with him.“She was involved in assault and battery. If she lost her pregnancy, I don’t know. It would be very unfortunate if a pregnant woman could behave that way. Whatever happened to her that day was her making.”“She assaulted everybody on sight that day. I’m sure she was not well brought up, otherwise she would not have behaved that way. She put her goods on the walkway. That was what happened.“As you can see, it is all politics. I am not surprised she ended up at the secretariat of the PDP to make her allegation. She said she is going to court and we are ready for her. It was unfortunate the PDP did not show the beginning of the scene to reveal all that happened that day.

No comments: