– Former president Goodluck Jonathan has taken to Facebook to slam his critics. – He said an online publication has spread falsehoods about him. – The publication in question was not named by Jonathan. Former president Goodluck Jonathan has taken to Facebook to hit out at his online critics. In a brief statement posted on his official Facebook page, Jonathan slammed an online publication for spreading what he described as falsehoods about him. Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Ex-president Jonathan was clearly furious when he made his statement “My attention has just been drawn to a spurious online publication alleging that I recently made comments on the state of the nation’s economy,” Jonathan said. “This falsehood must have sprung from the writer’s imagination, as I was neither at any forum requiring my interventions on the state of the economy, nor met with any group of newsmen, as claimed in the write-up.” “I will simply urge Nigerians to disregard such fabrication, and rather concentrate on working for the good of our nation.” READ ALSO: 2015 polls slowed down business in Nigeria Jonathan’s comments were well received by his supporters on Facebook with some of his followers describing him as Nigeria’s finest president. Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Share on Twitter However, Jonathan was not without his detractors who slammed the ex-president for speaking out against the online publication. Share on Facebook Share on Twitter The former president did not mention the online publication in question however the cause of his outrage is believed to be Weekly Post Nigeria. The publication posted an article earlier on Monday in which it claimed Jonathan said he could reverse Nigeria’s economic fortunes in four months.