E.R.R

E.R.R

Saturday, March 12, 2016

TINUBU'S DAUGHTER LEADS WOMEN PROTEST AGAINST BUHARI IN ABUJA

ACCUSES BUHARI  OF MARGINALIZATION

The protesters led by Tinubu's daughter  in Abuja today


















She specifically regretted that the market women were not involved in the activities and programmes of the First Lady, Aisha Buhari, prompting the women to inundate her office daily with complaints and protest.The market leader said what was more annoying to her group was that a new market association had sprung up in the federal capital and that members of the association belonged to the opposition Peoples Democratic Party.She said, “We only hear on the news that the first lady is doing a programme, this and that, and we just see it on the news and they wouldn’t allow me to be. All the complaints come to my table morning and night and I say okay, enough is enough.“We even heard that another FCT woman leader that is organising another market association and named it Association of Organised Market People in Abuja and most of these people are PDP, they were nowhere to be found when we were working for the party day and night.“So, now our people are not happy because they need to benefit from where they believe they have the right to and all we need, all we are crying for is for the government to give them sense of belonging and carrying them along properly.”Asked if her father, Mr. Tinubu, was aware of the agitation of the market men and women, she said it was immaterial because she had to represent her group well.“Because, I am the daughter of the national leader of APC doesn’t mean that I must not represent my people well.“I have to represent my people’s opinion. I am a leader and as a leader my people are crying foul and I won’t fold my hands and keep quiet because my father is a national leader, it is wrong.“I am not mobilizing against the party, no. I am solidly behind the party. I have worked for the party before and I will still work for the party tomorrow, but that does not stop me from saying the truth.
  

No comments: