Monday, August 31, 2015

An Eye witness account: By Chief Security Officer to the Ambassador Adefuye

Professor Adefuye's last minutes as related by his Chief of Security Details. Revived on Wednesday, died on Thursday, the last moments of Professor Adefuye were narrated by Mohammed Mbodj, his Chief of Security Details who was with him when he fell ill on his way to work on Wednesday, August 26, 2015. Reportedly, Professor Adefuye was at his office at the Nigerian embassy, Washington, DC with no sign of distress throughout Tuesday, August 25, 2015. The malaise to his demise began developed Wednesday morning on August 26, 2015 while on his way to work. Speaking to THISDAY, Mr Mbodj, confirmed that "Adefuye called me early yesterday shortly after he spoke with you and a number of other people and said 'let's go to the office' and as we approached the Rite Aid Pharmacy close to the house I noticed he was shrieking. He requested we should go back to the house but I said we should rather call 911 and go to the hospital. I quickly called 911 which showed up a few minutes later in front of the Rite Aid Pharmacy and from there we moved into a hospital where he had an intravenous treatment. He came back to life joking and asking the doctors, 'what did you guys do to me?' "The doctors said 'we administered drugs on you and have been observing your progressive recovery.' They asked him: 'Who are you?' He said: 'Adefuye.' They said 'what do you do?' He replied: 'I am the Nigerian Ambassador to the US.' They asked him: 'Where are you?' He replied: 'At least this is not the Nigerian Embassy.' They asked him: 'Do you know this man,' referring to me, his ADC. He said: 'He is my brother.' They said: 'He saved your life today.' Acc ording to Mbodj, Adefuye asked if he could go home and he was told he needed some observation after an intravenous administration.
At about 6pm on the same Wednesday, Professor Adefuye was said to be walking around his hospital room, playing and joking with his family members. He was also said to have eaten dinner in the presence of his visitors. According to reports, on Thursday August 27, 2015, the doctors said he developed another heart crisis around 11:30am and all efforts to stabilize him proved abortive. Mbodj continued, "t he next day (Thursday) when I arrived the Suburban Hospital for his discharge, I saw a team of doctors and nurses pumping his chest. I made enquiries and was told the seizure was back and they were working to revive him. Shortly after that, I was asked to call his wife."

 More facts have emerged on how Nigeria's Ambassador to the United States, Professor Adebowale Ibidapo Adefuye died in the United States....

 Memorial Service information is the following:
Date: September 3, 2015
Location:  Nigerian Embassy, Washington, D.C., International Drive

Time: 6:00pm – 8:00pm
Burial Itinerary: Body leaves U.S  from Nigeria embassy to Nigeria on Sept.11th
The funeral burial interment itself will be held in Lagos on Sept.17th, Nigeria
Below, please find a summary of recent updates that have been made to: 

No comments: