E.R.R

E.R.R

Monday, September 21, 2015

Soludo and Fayemi spotted at presidential villa


0
Charles Chukwuma Soludo


    Former Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) governor, Chukwuma Charles Soludo, was yesterday sighted at the Presidential Villa, Abuja. Former Ekiti governor, Kayode Fayemi, also visited the presidential villa.
    Soludo had earlier said that he is not interested in occupying an official position in the government. He said in an interview with Premium Times in June that “For sure, I wish the new government success and for the sake of Nigeria, everyone must contribute to assist President Buhari succeed. I will contribute in whatever way I can. However, everyone can’t sit in government in order to serve: some will be there on full time basis while others can contribute from outside. For me personally and at this point in time, I am not disposed or available for full time public service now; perhaps in the future it could happen, but not now. For now, my hands are full with several other experiments I am involved with (especially abroad) in the private sector, charity, think-tanks, and the international community. I am part of a major initiative in Africa’s mining and solid minerals sector, and this takes me through several African countries, etc. I am having great fun exploring totally new vistas of opportunity that are central to Africa’s great leap in the 21st century. I read that President Buhari will give priority to solid minerals. We can provide free advisory services and perhaps assist to mobilize investment in the sector or in any other areas if our advice is needed. In effect, there are several ways we can assist the government to succeed but not necessarily to take up full time appointment. No, not now,” he said in the interview
    The two men were guests of the Chief of Staff to the President, ‎Alhaji Abba Kyari. It is unclear for now if they met with Pres. Buhari even though it is believed that the visit may have something to do with the ongoing compilation of a ministerial list. The President has promised to submit a list before the end of this month.

    No comments: